I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Classical Music Crossword Puzzle 2
1. Sign which fixes the the location of a particular note on the staff
4. A performer's accuracy with respect to pitch
6. A long composition for orchestra, usually divided into four major sections called movements
7. A name for the signs placed at the beginning of a musical composition to indicate the key and meter
10. Keyboard instrument with strings plucked mechanically
11. A composer famous for his "Grand Canyon Suite"
12. The technique of combining two or more independent melodies to make up a harmonious texture
13. A succession of noces varying in pitch and having a recognizable musical shape
18. A system of tuning keyboard instruments so that all the half tones are equal (2 words)
21. This composer did the orchestation of George Gershwin's "Rhapsoy in Blue"
22. The simultaneous sounding of notes in a way that is musically significant
23. The practice of singing a series of words on a single pitch
24. This person is credited for being the first important composer of opera
25. The distance between the pitches of two musical tones
26. Nickname for Beethoven's piano sonata in C# minor, op. 27, no. 2
2. Composer of the symphonic poem "Les préludes"
3. The ability to perform a piece of music at first sight without studying or practicing it beforehand
5. A term to describe the style of music written in western Europe from about 1600 to about 1750
7. The written notes to be performed by all the instruments or voices (or both) in a particular composition
8. The series of notes or chords that ends a melody or a section of music
9. An Austrian composer who originated the twelve-tone technique to replace traditional tonality
14. This Austrian composer was shot to death by mistake during the American occupation of Austria following WWII
15. Nickname of Haydn's symphony no. 45
16. A Russian composer whose full-time occupation was teaching chemistry, which left him little time to compose
17. The lowest note of a chord when that chord is in what is regarded as its 'basic' position
19. Music containing no tonal elements whatever
20. A chord made up of two thirds
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live